What is Simi Aktisys 3D?
Simi Aktisys 3D is the three-dimensional version of Simi Aktisys. You can learn more about all general features of Simi Aktisys.
Why do I need Simi Aktisys 3D?
3D data compared to 2D data...
- is more accurate for movements outside the camera plane
- provide transversal plane movement data (rotations)
- support more parameters
With 3D data it is possible to measure parameters in different planes without the need of placing a camera in each plane. As all data is measured in three dimensions this allows for example measurement of extension/flexion, abduction/adduction, and rotation of the hip with only two cameras positioned frontal of the patient.
How easy is Simi Aktisys 3D to use?
Simi Aktisys 3D is very easy to use. The measurement process is identical to Simi Aktisys 2D: choose protocol, select start, realtime measurement, select stop and get an automatic report immediately.
For 3D measurements cameras have to be calibrated. Therefore, Simi Aktisys 3D includes a very easy and automatic 3D calibration based on a checkerboard pattern. A small demo video can be found below.
What is included in the package Simi Aktisys 3D?
Simi Aktisys 3D includes:
- Notebook for recording two high-speed cameras with 100 Hz
- two high-speed cameras with accessory (lenses, cables, hardware synchronisation)
- mounting kit for cameras (flexible adjustable, mobile, cameras stay calibrated)
- LED markers with remote control
- Software Simi Aktisys 3D
The current version of this product is only compatible with Win7 right now.